Hello!

This blog is dedicated to my sharings about general life and others, a bit of a personal memorial of my (now) youth and what I've done, seen, experienced, enjoyed. Life is finite, experiences are finite, but archival can make that experience last, just a little longer.

  • If you're looking for any specific content (i.e specific cars, etc), please use the search function and use your PC's Ctrl + F Search function. Unfortunately due to Blogger's shortcomings, the website's search function is not intuitive, so the Ctrl + F function helps alot. Happy reading!
  • Oh, and please do refer to using the web / PC version, as the mobile implementation isn't well done. Thank you!

Popular Entries

Thursday 15 August 2024

Penang August: D1

Hello.

Headed back to Penang this time for a 4-5 day to settle some things.

I'll make this short as I'd like to head off earlier than normal, plus work on the events that I'm very due to write about. Also, not to mention, really quickly, as some readers may not know, apart from owning a Lotus Elan, here in Penang I also have a Mitsubishi Airtrek that has been in our hands for a year. That particular article can be found here.










In the next day, we return the Airtrek back into the shops for them to replace the wiring to hopefully get rid of every electrical issue this car keeps having, i.e signals not working, all lights turning off on their own, and a bit more.

To compare it with the Elan, the steering is pretty dead. Its very light, definitely thanks to the power steering, but apart from some bumps, I've felt no feedback from the wheel. I can understand now why people moan about no road feeling now, it really is a night and day difference and I would say it initially felt like a video game coming back to this car. The steering wheel is pretty small in diameter too. I'd say its smaller than my Elan's wheel which is pretty large for what it is, and smaller than the Series 2 Elise wheel that I have. Its a bit of an initial culture shock, but easy to get used to again after one drive out.

Steering aside, it has sufficient grip although at pretty low speeds I could sense the car wasn't turning the amount I wanted it to in carparks. I'll take a swig its the surface material used than the car itself, but who am I to really say?

Yes, although kneecapped by the transmission (Depends on who you're asking) and detuned specs, it does move. Quoted at a pace of 6.7s to do 0-100km/h, it feels it, being able to chuck itself into moving decently rapidly. With Penang road infrastructure being world-class, this is something important should you not want to get stuck or get hit.




Relative now has a Suzuki SX4. Bought from a work colleague for somewhere around the ball of 4k RM. I've been invited to sample it. I don't suspect I have time today.


Thank you SIMBA. I've given up.

~Efini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Entry

Elanmi: Pop-up surprise + Personal shopping list