Hello!

This blog is dedicated to my sharings about general life and others, a bit of a personal memorial of my (now) youth and what I've done, seen, experienced, enjoyed. Life is finite, experiences are finite, but archival can make that experience last, just a little longer.

  • If you're looking for any specific content (i.e specific cars, etc), please use the search function and use your PC's Ctrl + F Search function. Unfortunately due to Blogger's shortcomings, the website's search function is not intuitive, so the Ctrl + F function helps alot. Happy reading!
  • Oh, and please do refer to using the web / PC version, as the mobile implementation isn't well done. Thank you!

Popular Entries

Saturday 2 September 2023

Retrocar Mega Gathering Series III

 Singapore - 4/9/23 - Some photos of the SGRetroCar meet, one that was in hiatus for 3 years due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Here in 2023, the third installment is underway.

Featuring current-day legends and niche vintage motors, this meet even features cars that stem outside of Singapore; a feat that not all Singaporean car meets can offer.


For those who haven't been to one of these gatherings, I strongly recommend it if classic vehicles are of your interest. You may even come across certain models that you may have never seen before!

If you want video footage that resembles that of the 2000's era, you may find my video on the 1980's-1990's era of cars here:


Unfortunately, I did run out of battery on my camcorder when filming, so I weren't able to film every car. Nevertheless, I was able to capture more photos on my camera. I did not calibrate my settings plus check the pictures, so please forgive me for the quality of some of the photos. Please enjoy!











At one point in time I was actually going to consider a classic Beetle, namely the 1303S such as this unit here!








One of the last few bugeye Impreza's left OTR. Real treat to see this largely standard example.



There were a couple of Corolla's that were on the scene, however this millennium jade AE101 was to me, the nicest example. Clean and simple, the door graphics was icing on the cake.



Although this E110 generation wasn't my go-to generation, the wheels are quite literally the ones I want. The Rays Garcia Tune Speed Choppy wheels set this car apart from the rest. I really wanted a set prior, and now even more since looking at this eye candy.


What comes next is a smart Toyota Starlet, fresh with a set of Enkei AP Racing wheels and a front end found on the likes of the GT Turbo. This car resonates nineties.



Next is a lineup of Honda Civic's, and I won't give further commentary because every single example lined up here are pristine. The SBV Honda Civic EG9? Just perfect.







Here is one of the Malaysian cars that arrived at this meet.



A Honda Civic EF3 Si with SiR styling. A car of interest on my end as I had previously tried to view a similar white Si. Finding another one is always a nice little event.











Something of a treat. Not an actual Evolution 3, this is powered by a 1.3 4G13, but this outlook is something I really want to see on a genuine Evolution.





BMW E46 loaded with Alpina parts. The trunk badge is deceptive though, as this is merely a 318CIA rather than an M3.






Here is a duo of heavily modified S2000's, parked side-by-side.






Here is another Malaysian participant. A beautiful Integra sedan. 





FC and FD. Such a shame that RX7's command 100k per generation. Just priced out of attainability.



Concurrently, I think the Mercedes R129 SL is a good entry into Mercedes apart from the W124, at least judging by prices. These can cost the same as a W124 albeit with lesser COE.



The Mercedes A124 Coupe Cabriolet variant of the W124 is an uber rare breed, with roughly around 3 still on the road. Attached along with it is a mint W124 and a 560SEC. Talk about contrast.




Now comes the Japanese heroes, namely the Honda NSX, Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT, Nissan S13, Nissan 300ZX, Nissan S13 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8. Super beautiful examples, not much commentary will come from me. Enjoy these unicorns!







Frankly, all of this walking and wandering around has me really wanting a classic of my own. Maybe someday it'll happen. The Celica GT-Four is beautiful, however with a previous asking price of some $90k+, the prospect might not be possible.








I would like to believe that close to half the population of NA MX-5 attended and or participated in this gathering.


 




Regarding Mercedes, I'd like to think this was the best looking one so far. Had this example being the other manual unit, it would probably be the W124 to have.


Back on the more classic side, a Pontiac Trans Am and Lancia are some of the cars to see.








Well, indeed the Pontiac and Lancia, but what about a Corvette?


Another Toyota Starlet. This time, an EP70 generation. I've been considering one, and this example is driving me ever-so-slightly closer to biting the bullet on one.





Overheard that the owner gets away with these by swapping back the parts with those that can pass inspection.




Past this, all photos I took was when I was leaving the area.







Its been an absolute blast to photograph and film these cars. Hopefully someday I'll be able to participate with a classic of my own. Until then, have a nice weekend!

~Efini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Entry

Elanmi: Pop-up surprise + Personal shopping list