Hello!

This blog is dedicated to my sharings about general life and others, a bit of a personal memorial of my (now) youth and what I've done, seen, experienced, enjoyed. Life is finite, experiences are finite, but archival can make that experience last, just a little longer.

  • If you're looking for any specific content (i.e specific cars, etc), please use the search function and use your PC's Ctrl + F Search function. Unfortunately due to Blogger's shortcomings, the website's search function is not intuitive, so the Ctrl + F function helps alot. Happy reading!
  • Oh, and please do refer to using the web / PC version, as the mobile implementation isn't well done. Thank you!

Popular Entries

Monday 17 June 2024

SprintFest 2023

 

Photo source: Sentosa

I do want to first apologize for this being over a year in the works, but I'm glad to say that my experience with the event can finally be written out.




So, event wise,
Personally on my end, together with two separate groups for the two days I attended, I think there are places for spectators to watch, and I think there was somewhat enough space for the amount of spectators that joined the event. For videoing for this particular course, I think it was more limited, but I was able to secure this spot here that showed the full course.

Personally, my groups preferred to eat elsewhere due to the prices but I can understand the prices are more due to the location of the event. I personally also do feel that the music was a bit loud, and I was quite wary of the copyright claims that may be inflicted onto the compiled videos (The Day 2 showcase caught one claim).



What I'm happy for is this event existing; gone are the days of the somewhat yearly Kallang Rally Sprint events and a bigger venue, and these days, these events that hold for spectators are few and far between from what I can tell, but for these to still be around is more than enough. I have heard of other comments about the cars doing only Figure 8's and donuts, but again, unfortunately Singapore doesn't have much capacity left to run any large-scale motorsports events save for F1, so I'm more than happy that Singapore is still able to host motorsports every now and then.





Also, not often is it we Singaporeans can readily go somewhere within Singapore to see people use and abuse their cars, yeah?

(I don't know of any places at least)


I would say Day 2 had more to look forward to. The showcases at the end of the event had more to see, minimally more burnouts.























Suppose come to the end of the event, you could speak to the cars and their respective owners.



Speaking of Day 2, I was setting up my equipment when the first incident to my knowledge occured:




During the middle of the event, there is a break period where spectators may enter the pit area to view the cars closer, I don't remember if it was available on the 1st Day but I know that I momentarily left the venue around the time that the pits would have opened. The second day I did enter, and did my photo and videos on the camcorder. The video is in the Day 2 video, and photos wise will be dumped below:












































All in all, its a great event, should there be a 2024 one, I'm looking forward to it. If you haven't seen the videos of the event, I'll post them below. Otherwise, see you in the next article!











~Efini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Entry

Elanmi: Pop-up surprise + Personal shopping list