Hello!

This blog is dedicated to my sharings about general life and others, a bit of a personal memorial of my (now) youth and what I've done, seen, experienced, enjoyed. Life is finite, experiences are finite, but archival can make that experience last, just a little longer.

  • If you're looking for any specific content (i.e specific cars, etc), please use the search function and use your PC's Ctrl + F Search function. Unfortunately due to Blogger's shortcomings, the website's search function is not intuitive, so the Ctrl + F function helps alot. Happy reading!
  • Oh, and please do refer to using the web / PC version, as the mobile implementation isn't well done. Thank you!

Popular Entries

Thursday 27 June 2024

Japan 2024: D3

 For this entry, think I gotta make a disclaimer:

If you're uncomfortable with seeing non-family-friendly content, please skip this entry. There's gonna be multiple photos of just that in this post and I won't expand them for easy viewing. It'll be a 'if you want to see it, its your choice'. Alot of the contents regarding the contents are super niche and may alienate, so I'd like to have this warning out. I'd comment that if you're familiar and comfortable with anime, you'll do fine reading through this post.

As a quick recap, Day 3's itinerary would be going to Akihabara (and making a lot of financial mistakes), and afterwards a trip to an Up Garage to see what is available. Obviously, its best to buy something there but what can you really bring in your luggage; surely not an entire exhaust system.

Back to where we were; at the start. Spot of breakfast before embarking as going from Shinjuku to Akihabara would take us two train lines and a fair bit of walking to get to.





I think he's looking for something.


I think this was cabbage rolls served in stew.

I don't know how to feel about these shirts
that are readily for sale that uses
AI-generated designs.





I frankly don't remember which stores these were, but they were the first few stores selling anime merchandise from the Suehirocho station.

NIKKE advertisement banner.


Today's the debut of Kanna's alt.
These were put up around a day
or two after the Blue Archive
livestream aired.

Uhh, I'm not sure whether I ever disclosed but I am one of those folks who like anime. I mean, just to set the current situation, I still have Azur Lane, Blue Archive, Honkai: Star Rail and Dream Girlfriend installed on my device. Nevermind that I play on two accounts for Blue Archive for Global and Japanese servers and have several accounts for Dream Girlfriend and have for the past 4-5 years.

Imo, Hasumi is the best girl flat out, but Kanna is a second
(Tsukuyo, Kaho and Tsurugi being close, in that order)

(Kanna bros stay winning)

Disclosure aside, apart from initially spotting what the current mainstream games are, there's some cars to look out too.


The second Honda Stream of the trip. Both were RSZ's and I believe to be facelifts (I don't remember
what the first one was, this certainly would be one)



How cool is this? A super well maintained and cosmetically original Subaru XT. You never see these anywhere.





I don't know what this old vehicle is considering I both don't know and the camera could not reliably focus for the shot.

Was photo'ing Haruna figurines for a friend.



Genshin wifi; didn't expect Genshin to have wifi. I don't know why, I just don't expect it.


Allow me to geek out a bit here. I've been here before. I've been here so many years ago. Oh no, not via real means, I could never, not at a younger age. I've been here digitally. Just where...


The thumbnails are not the same place but it is the same location. My childhood, and I am now standing here in person.




The Yostar Official Shop! I've been meaning to come here for the official Blue Archive merchandise because of my chronic obsession with this game (I am a Day One player in JP and in Global releases). I was looking for the Hasumi acrylic stands, but unfortunately they only had her alternate version in stock. I don't want to admit that I was pretty disappointed, but having one is better than nothing. Also, look at the size difference in sprite compared to everyone else. Huge/


I emptied that box on the left. What it is are the
yellow packaging keeping a report card,
the same one used to introduce students
to the player. You'll find out more about it
later in this entry.



Only in Japan, I suppose? Vtuber-branded liquor. Hell, the
alcohol content is super high too.


Initial D food! Not tofu though.


Of course, should you think of merchandise, depending on your background, you either think of figurines of characters from many series of medias, or you think about the cars. Here's what they sell for as a rough gauge if you want to go shopping.



I'm losing alot of money.

IYKYK.







If you're like me and order your merchandise online, there's a solid chance you would be familiar with, or use Amiami. In Akihabara, they have a physical store. My photos start with their upcoming figurine showcase.


To be honest, there's a part of me who does want the Mashiro figurine but I suspect it has to do more with trying to get the whole of the JTF than wanting the character.

DEKA.




Using my hand for reference, I can confirm that this is a big plush. For a converted hundred bucks it seems both wise and unwise to pick it up.


Lots of products in the stores, or the products
in general, are once again, never
truly family-friendly.


Stumbled upon the car section, I'm a goner.










Ultimately I picked up a TLVN Mugen CR-X in white, the pink RE-Amemiya Mazda RX-7 FC3S and the red Skyline GT-R R32 snap kit. They have alot of things here, especially the cars. I mean, just look at the sheer stack of cars here. Though, happily, a huge amount of them require building, so at least I can sleep soundly knowing that even if I bought the kits, I couldn't assemble them.


TIL that the Amiami mascot has a fumo range...


Regarding these, these are for pre-ordering upcoming models.


Should you visit Akihabara Radiokaikan, which is what this building is, do know and remember there is 10 floors in the building. I forgot this 6 floors in.



Thankfully already have one of these
(Stelle)

Currently considered new
Yuuka nendoroid.


Fish.







Example of the Snap Kits. Unlike normal kits, you don't need
paint, or glue.




I've had interest in guns since young thanks to the influx of shooter games. Its a true shame that airsoft is banned in Singapore. It would be really nice to have some of these be it for playing, display or cosplay.




Sorry, frankly I don't have alot to write about Akihabara. What I would say is this;
The experience is great, especially if you go first time.
However, if you're like me and know exactly what is coming out and what is available and etc, you'll be bored of the place. In a way, its both met expectations but also disappointed. Its just me though, so don't take my perception as something that should decide on your own trip to Akihabara.

Regarding Blue Archive, the Kanna character will be receiving merchandise of her own literally tomorrow, which is truly unlucky on my end. I suppose I will try to make a trip back on Friday to secure those.






After a quick break, we're moving out to locate an Up Garage.

Yes, there's been quite an amount
of advertising placed into this BA
event.

Wuthering Waves; a very new game (At the time of this post)
similar to Genshin Impact from what I can tell.







I'm not sure how the ticketing system works, but using certain lines that stem outside of the city center don't work with existing tickets for the lines more oriented towards the center. I'm not sure what the process is and don't mind if someone can explain it out.

The Up Garage we are walking to is the Nerima store, which like the other stores, are far away from the city center. The Nerima store is far from the nearest station; requiring a walking time of about 11 minutes quoted by Google maps to get there.

I actually don't mind the plastic surrounds of the currently new Impreza.



Very well cared for Toyota Altezza found.


Nissan Stagea! With the amount of estates located in Tokyo, eventually
there will be one of these appearing.

Here's something to anger Skyline fanboys; yes, this is a real Skyline. It
uses the same badging convention as the coupe Skyline. What's your thoughts?
Are these really a Skyline?




I didn't expect to see one of these! The new Suzuki Swift. As of now,
Suzuki has not unveiled a Sport version yet, and I think this new
design is less nice than the previous version, with this looking more
blocky.

Another Toyota Century. This would make it the third Century seen on
the trip so far.


So we've finally made it. After trying to navigate the train system, getting confused on the tickets and the walking in a less familiar area, we've finally made it to the garage, albeit tired, if not in a sour mood.


First thing you'll be introduced with are sets of wheels. Some are OEM wheels, others are aftermarket. The white set that resembles Watanabes did catch my eye.


They also do have motorcycle shops, I believe. If anything, they do still sell motorcycle parts and gear.


Steering wheels! They've presented their stock of deep-dish steering wheels, which I initially thought was their only collection of steering wheels up for grabs






Oh seats. I love browsing for seats as I think they're one of the pioneering pieces of a car that will define its looks. It also does have an effect on comfort too, for sure. I love the Recaro Ergomed line of seats, and there's several here. Just lovely! The red seat costed only 150 dollars, a nice set for you to take home and use for your sim rig. Except, you can't quite fit it in your bag. Or really check it in.


Of course, they sell all sorts of things here, one being taillights and headlights. Struct bars, bumpers, you name it, they sell it. You just need to see which fits your car.










Strangely though, they seem to also be selling devices?


Stock seats are also what they take in. I believe on the top left is a Honda S2000 seat, on the right is a BRZ seat. I suppose their ex-owners have resorted to an aftermarket pair.





Tow hooks for your drift car should you push it way too hard into a slope.




So yes, more steering wheels. Come to find out that this part wasn't OEM steering wheels with the airbag cover taken off. There are some aftermarket wheels to be had here/



A friend thought this wheel was a FC3S wheel, but Up Garage could not identify the manufacturer and as such listed it for way cheaper than its other offerings.



Rummaging through the back, something of a gem for me. Its a Series 2 Lotus Elise wheel. Some marks and very small tears of the surface material, comparably slightly worse than my Elan's wheel but this is still in pretty nice condition.


Behind here was also a Nissan Skyline HCR32 steering wheel, this one in very used condition, as well as what I believe to be a Honda Prelude wheel.


Of course, along with your modded steering wheel, you'll need an accompanying aftermarket shift knob.




Behind here is a Mazda Roadster Nardi wheel.




For literally 8 dollars, you can have a Toyota Chaser JZX100 steering wheel. Judging by the condition it may or may not be usable on an actual car, but as a collection piece, I think 8 dollars for a steering wheel is not bad at all.






I've went ahead and bought some souvenirs for myself. No, not that GT-R bumper. With all that said and done, we ought to head back and put everything down, then go out for a spot for dinner. The way back would be around 30-50 minutes, and as time would have had it, its nearing peak hour, so making our way back is pretty much a priority now.


As soon as I walk out. The Ford Crown Victoria is undoubtedly one of the cars ever made.





Who buys a Mirage in Japan?



A Mazda MX-30. I haven't figured out of there's a way to tell apart which
has the rotary range extender.





Subaru Legacy GT! I love the look of these alot.





Not strictly the first Alfa Romeo of the trip, but it is the first Giulia.



Base Subaru Impreza wagon! In the iconic blue and zero attempt to
imitate a WRX, its a super nice example.


The baby NSX; a little Honda S660 approaches.





Nearing a station, a familiar red shape drew by, and thankfully it stopped as we walked by.



Can I call it my first Chevrolet spot of the trip? These are rebadged Suzuki Swift's (Badged as the Swift in its home market, and the Ignis in export), so for one of these to be in Japan, I'm left wondering why anyone would pick a foreign nameplate over a domestic one when both cars are effectively the same shell.

Anyways, some train rides and a walk back later, and we've returned back to our hotel. Here's the souvenir that I picked up.


It is just a sticker, but its little things like this over actual country souvenirs that truly define the trip. Its this, a towel and something else that was purchased from Up Garage.

Now for a spot of dinner

I guess you could somewhat stand out in Japan with one of these, although
in Singapore they are pretty much everywhere.

With how many Mitsuoka Rockstar's were produced (Only 220), I'm
shocked that I was able to see yet another one again, and be able to
photograph it!





Spot for dinner.



Rest of the night will be spent exploring the other parts of Shinjuku, mostly what's close to the hotel. Our legs are hurting from all of the walking we did for the day already.



Well, what is it? Its a Lancia. Specifically, its a Lancia Musa. No, it is
no product of Lancia's golden era of motorsport heritage.








ANOTHER American car. Just how many does Tokyo have? I have already
seen two Challenger's, one Escalade, a Crown Victoria and now this,
a Chrysler 300C. Its absolutely wild just how many of these there are,

Now for this. A super original Toyota Chaser Tourer V. Down to its
factory aero kit and wheels, this oozes class, and to us enthusiasts, a gem
to look at.









Well, Tokyo is quite a bustling place, isn't it? In the dusk of night is it still lit up, with thousands of people still present. Maybe describing that with this particular location doesn't help. In a way, I suppose you could call this entire place the red light district.

Well, returning back, remember those Blue Archive packets I purchased?







Frankly, unless you're that obsessed to find that one specific character, its not worth buying these even at its 440 yen per packet price. You're better off just playing the game. But hey, the character I want is a two star only, and out of 6 packs, I managed to pull her twice. Neat.

Its been alot of content covered for today but with lesser text. I'm not sure what exactly I could write in many of these, so I'd rather just place the photos in and build something up a little.

Alright, its really late, I don't really have a way to end this, what I can say is I'm sitting here on a really uncomfortable chair trying to finish writing this through. Alright, right before I exit, here's this:


~Efini








No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Entry

Elanmi: Pop-up surprise + Personal shopping list