Hello!

This blog is dedicated to my sharings about general life and others, a bit of a personal memorial of my (now) youth and what I've done, seen, experienced, enjoyed. Life is finite, experiences are finite, but archival can make that experience last, just a little longer.

  • If you're looking for any specific content (i.e specific cars, etc), please use the search function and use your PC's Ctrl + F Search function. Unfortunately due to Blogger's shortcomings, the website's search function is not intuitive, so the Ctrl + F function helps alot. Happy reading!
  • Oh, and please do refer to using the web / PC version, as the mobile implementation isn't well done. Thank you!

Popular Entries

Tuesday 25 June 2024

Japan 2024: D1

 25/6/24

Its not Penang this time. This time, I'm off to Japan.




When was the last time you saw a Mitsubishi Colt that wasn't a
Version-R?

This'll be a super quick entry since as I type this, its the middle of the night and we're to wake up super early.

These are really cute.



Its the first time I'm seeing genuine Japanese plates, which did take me by surprise after the 7 hour flight from Singapore to Japan. Actually, I do want to comment on the immigration process.

At least they had something worth watching through the 7 hours
(I watched two episodes and gave up)

Before your flight, you will be provided a declaration form that you need to fill in and hand over to immigration officers when you arrive. However, upon arrival, you need to scan a QR code and fill out an entire registration form, plus enter any family members who are with you. Once this surprise is finished and you clear the customs and picking up luggage, you need to go through the declaration, which if you opted to go by the QR code that they had you do, you now need to scan that once for each person, of which the system can have problems with. What do you do with the original declaration form? You can choose to not go through with using the QR, and instead hand the form in into the relevant aisle.

Anyways, we landed at Haneda, of which the bus route that would take us from the airport to the city area actually goes through the Bayshore route, otherwise more commonly known as the Wangan.


There's alot to see here, apart from the Crown series of taxis and this oddball spot of a Toyota ISIS.



Many, many familiar and unfamiliar cars can be found here. For one, the usage of luxury MPV's are practically commonplace around these parts, being used as taxis (And many of them!) Here on the expressway, you'll also see the common big trucks that you'd be used to seeing on the Wangan series or maybe Assetto Corsa C1 servers that host realistic traffic.



This was one hell of a find imo, a Nissan Fairlady Z and what I believe is a GX71 Toyota Cressida. Right before this on the left, a rest stop, had a modified white Subaru Impreza VA generation and a Toyota Supra MK4. Talk about first-day luck. Unfortunately, I did not manage to capture everything I say, which includes both beforementioned cars, and a Honda Integra DC5 when in the city.


Admittedly, I was videoing and taking photos like a stereotypical tourist and I dearly apologize for that, whether or not its justified or not.

Also admittedly, I'm not adjusted to foreign countries at all. I'm not very comfortable with being around my own country (Which is funny), I never really feel secure in Malaysia, and I still don't feel comfortable here in Japan. It is my first time being this far away is one, but I do feel very conspicuous and feel as though I don't belong here. In a societal sense, I definitely don't, being a tourist and all and having precisely zero know-how regarding the local customs and language, but yeah, its how I feel currently.


A slightly more familiar sight of the Corolla Fielder. This generation in
Singapore is admittedly pretty rare though.



What I believe is a current-generation Volkswagen Golf GTi. There are
plenty of new cars here, ranging from this to the likes of the new Prius.


Zoom in into the crowd and you can probably spot some folks wearing
neko/cat ears.

I believe the Toyota 86 here is a single digit "1" plate. Talk about class.

Oh yeah, here's the best of them all so far.



Wasn't what I was expecting but as fate would have been, my Instagram account's suggested posts have been flooded with nothing but Alfa Romeo's, if not only the 156 model. This, going by the badge, is the top of the line GTA spec that boasts the 3.2L Busso V6. I did not get a photo of the cabin but it is a manual, and left hand drive.

Down this road came a Toyota Crown Majesta keen on doing some cheeky revs to gather the crowd's attention. Sadly did not grab a photo or video of that.

Spot of dinner (Or late night supper, depends on your political stance
whether the timezone affected our perception of time)




To the viewers who are more keen towards anime, Familymarts have these.



I wish I had something extra to add past this, but sadly not. At the time of posting, some photos and all videos are missing (Thank you Lightroom), but I hope to find the time sometime, possibly after coming back, to consolidate everything together and update this and the following entries. That's it from me then, night!

~Efini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Entry

Elanmi: Pop-up surprise + Personal shopping list