Hello!

This blog is dedicated to my sharings about general life and others, a bit of a personal memorial of my (now) youth and what I've done, seen, experienced, enjoyed. Life is finite, experiences are finite, but archival can make that experience last, just a little longer.

  • If you're looking for any specific content (i.e specific cars, etc), please use the search function and use your PC's Ctrl + F Search function. Unfortunately due to Blogger's shortcomings, the website's search function is not intuitive, so the Ctrl + F function helps alot. Happy reading!
  • Oh, and please do refer to using the web / PC version, as the mobile implementation isn't well done. Thank you!

Popular Entries

Monday 26 June 2023

Penang: Runabouts

 Runabouts


Penang - 26/6/23 - Monday has come, starting with unexpected heavy weather which will delay today's original schedule to tomorrow.


It'll come with another round off me standing in the balcony photographing cars driving by in the highway, please have a look.

Proton Wira Aeroback with a vibrant red body color. Wira's are obviously common, but as a foreigner its hard not to find these cars interesting.

Mazda MX-5 Miata ND RF, the first MX-5 of the trip.

Porsche Panamera, Porsche's actually aren't too uncommon of a sight in Penang.


BMW E46 generation sedans are not uncommon, not just in Penang.

Volvo V50

7th Gen Volkswagen Golf (GTi?)

The Hyundai Matrix, a car of Singapore yesterday yet still a commodity in Malaysia.

Honda Civic FD generation, Penang's "Kanjo Racer" of sorts

A darker red Rolls-Royce Wraith.

Schedule being shifted still meant driving out, driving to two shopping malls and then returning. It is here I remind that Penang's road infrastructure and traffic is, challenging, to say the least.


I myself have lots of gripes about Penang's roads, namely uneven roads, Slopes that would make any even remotely low car tremble, and just inconvenient road design as a whole. I do sense that the buildings were made before the roads with the sheer amount of avoidance the roads take to divert cars away from the buildings.

Granted these are found commonly especially in Singapore, so one wouldn't think much of these. But, why not?

BMW E39 generation 5-Series are plentiful in Penang, I wonder if this is the same in Malaysia as a whole.



Something less common, a Nissan March. It may be ugly to most, but I couldn't find any other units apart from this Johor plated example.

One shopping mall and a quick device repair job turned 4-5 day part sourcing inconvenience later (Brought my iPod in for a battery replacement because it expanded, then told it needs 4-5 days to bring in the part), begrudgingly left the mall to go to another.



Here I will start crying about the traffic. Slow-poke drivers and the constant left-right merge of traffic from different directions call for a really bad jam almost, bloody, everywhere.

Nevertheless, if you give up some of your original destinations, you'll probably still be able to make it out alive.


Going to Gurney Plaza is an experience. An experience off crying in traffic.


That's really it for today. Just a trip to two shopping malls and nothing else. I'll present the rest under here, but it also concludes today's entry.

The legendary W124 Mercedes, still a frequent find today.


Can't for the life of me remember what these were. I believe it would be a Nissan Bluebird or a Sunny.

E36 generation BMW's are less of a sight than the E39 and E46, but some still roam. Photo example is a 318i according to the badge.

Self-explanatory taste.

I don't recall seeing two Taycan's parked together, but it definitely isn't a coincidence judging by the building's purpose.


First car that I bothered photographing mainly because of the number plate.

Mini Cooper GP I believe is fully original, so 4-spoke wheels and mouth-watering front fenders.

The Nissan Fairlady 350Z seems to be a cheap sports car, however the ones I see for sale typically turn out to be... unfinished, let's say. This example here is an example of that.

Never seen this plate format before. This type of registration is Malaysia's diplomatic car plate format.

I will fess that the A-Class has slowly become more of an appealing car.

A Porsche Cayman




All it takes is ownership of a mid-displacement Mercedes to appreciate Mercedes that do not start with a "2" in their trim level.


A pitiful sight.

A car I'm skeptical on. BMW E60 "M5", I think well-versed individuals will be able to let me know whether or not this is legitimate, but in such an environment I wouldn't place my bets on it.

High displacement Mercedes CLS that wasn't very expected.

Someone's BMW E30 race car parked on the side. What a car to see in a sea of Proton's and Perodua's.



A Suzuki Grand Vitara less spotted both in Singapore and Malaysia alike, although not very rare in MYS.


Here I conclude today's adventure, hopefully the day after will prove to be a better one. Ciao!

~Efini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Entry

Elanmi: Pop-up surprise + Personal shopping list